This topic covers Strategic & Business Management and Leadership areas within the Talent Triangle. It addresses the digital age skills needed for project delivery (PMI report, “The Project Manager of the Future”.
The details of this event is at the PMI Malaysia website.
It is a sharing of lessons learnt from a 2016, 100 sites telco towers rollout project in deeply remote areas in Sabah and Sarawak for MCMC (Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission) that leveraged on free and paid digital tools and apps to speed up process within all the domain areas, from initiating to closing.
It should be borne in mind that this project was implemented in locations with no telecommunications coverage.
The tools covered are:
- Communication tools for collaboration and data sharing
- How to influence, communicate and control project progress digitally
- Project management, planning, implementation, change control and tracking tools
- Data collection, validation, delivery, presentation and archiving
- Digital tools and techniques for resource, cost and risk management
We will deep dive in areas relevant to:
- Data documentation, management, presentation and decision making
- Innovative mindset to brainstorm and create solutions on the fly with the Ishikawa Diagram for Digital Transformation.
- Security and privacy controls to comply to contractual and security obligations
- Legal and regulatory compliance to comply with state and national laws
- Collaborative leadership skills to track progress, get buy ins and manage issues proactively.
Here we will compare and contrast the lessons learnt too, from not having a PMP or CAPM understanding and in hindsight, the benefits and mistakes that could have been avoided with PMI certification.
This is the PowerPoint of the Talk in PDF format for your reference and review. About 10 slides (used as examples) from the presentation shown in the morning talk have been removed.
And I hope you found this presentation useful and relevant to your work.
Feel free to contact me for any requests for training or talks at +6019-7203 599.
Latest posts by Logarajah Thambyrajah (see all)
- Digitalization by Digital Transformation - 21 June 2019
- Digital Tools for Project Management, Morning Talk at PMI MY - 25 May 2019
- Online Marketing Lecture in Universiti Klabat Manado - 3 November 2017